Sydney Event Services ABN 19 628 920 712, trading as Sydney Event Services or SES. (‘Sydney Event Services’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting the Personal Information of all customers, users and visitors to our website (www.sydneyeventservices.au), or any other service, software or platform we manage (collectively, our ‘Platform’). We are also committed to protecting the Personal Information of all individuals we interact with in the conduct of our business, including but not limited to our employees, prospective employees, business contacts, third-party service providers and employees of third-party service providers.
By ‘Personal Information’ we mean information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’).
What Personal Information we collect
The type of Personal Information Sydney Event Services collects from you depends on the context in which you interact with us. Personal Information we collect may include your:
- Full name, date and place of birth, address(es), telephone number(s), electronic address(es) and other contact details;
- Business name, ABN and ACN;
- Verification of identity details such as a copy of and details contained on your driver licence, credit or debit card and other identification information or documents;
- Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits;
- Demographic information, such as your suburb or postcode;
- Account login credentials, password and details relating to your unique user identity question;
- Communications, enquiries or customer interactions with us;
- Employment and professional background such as employer, occupation, role or position, qualifications, training records, licences and tax file number; and/or
- Any other information you supply to us.
We may collect information about your use and interaction with our Platform to safeguard you from fraudulent activities and to prevent your Personal Information from being exploited. Accordingly, we may collect technical information from your computer, mobile, tablet or other device/technology to identify any malicious, fraudulent, illegitimate or illegal activities.
How we collect Personal Information
Sydney Event Services collects Personal Information from you using lawful and fair means. Personal Information we collect from you directly includes when you:
- Visit, browse, access, sign up for or use the products, services, features, technologies or functions offered on our Platform;
- Submit your Personal Information on our Platform;
- Sign up to our marketing communications;
- Contact us by telephone, email, chat, mail or in person;
- Contact our customer support team, third-party service providers or suppliers;
- Contact us or submit your Personal Information through our social media and blog pages;
- Participate in a survey or submit feedback;
- Enter a competition or promotion;
- Interact with us, our third-party service providers or suppliers in any manner relating to the conduct of our business; and/or
- Are employed or apply for employment with us or with our third-party service provider.
We may obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, related companies, credit reporting bodies, identity verification services and publicly or commercially available sources, for the purpose of complying with applicable laws.
We may obtain Personal Information if you participate in a competition or promotion, which is conducted by us directly or through a third-party service provider.
If you are employed or apply for employment with us or you are employed with our third-party service providers, we may obtain Personal Information about you directly or from our third-party service providers or other third parties such as recruitment agencies, employment agencies and referees. Further, we may require you to provide us with a National Police Check.
How we use Personal Information
We use Personal Information to:
- Provide you with access to relevant parts of our Platform;
- Identify customers and supply you with the products, services, benefits or features you have requested;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you regarding our products, services, benefits or features you have requested;
- Contact you by telephone, email messaging, mobile messaging (SMS/MMS), mail or any other forms of contact you supply to us;
- Send push notifications on your mobile device;
- Carry out accounting, billing and administrative functions;
- Process authorised financial transactions;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems on our Platform;
- Deliver targeted marketing communications about our products and services and those of our third-party service providers, including direct marketing;
- Inform you of competitions, promotions, offers or additional benefits;
- Invite you to participate in our events or surveys;
- Conduct market research;
- Market and promote our business, products, services, benefits or features. If you submit comments on our Platform about our products and services, you consent for us to use your comments on our Platform and any other marketing collateral, in which we will identify you only by your first name;
- Notify you of service, security, privacy and other updates relating to our Platform;
- Manage, support, improve or develop our business;
- Undertake statistical and analytical functions;
- Consider you for employment at Sydney Event Services;
- Confirm your identity for the purposes of applicable laws and to assess your suitability for the products, services, benefits or features you have requested;
- Monitor, measure and improve satisfaction of our services and those of our third-party service providers;
- Measure activity, improve and develop our Platform;
- Facilitate the process involved in enabling a sale or merger, if Sydney Event Services is sold to or merges with another company;
- Conduct fraud monitoring, detection and prevention activities;
- Satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations, including with our third-party service providers and suppliers;
- Protect our lawful interests, investigate and prevent potentially illegal activities;
- Comply with applicable laws; and/or
- Pursue our legitimate business interests and as is reasonably necessary in the conduct of our business.
Sydney Event Services does not buy or sell Personal Information.
How we store and protect Personal Information
Sydney Event Services stores Personal Information in electronic form on our internal database, which is held on our online server, as well as in hard copy, physical form.
Personal Information is subject to access controls. Our authorised administrator users have full access to Personal Information. All other Sydney Event Services employees, our third-party service providers and employees of our third-party service providers have restricted access to Personal Information, limited to a need-to-know basis depending on the function or job they perform and the services they provide to you.
We may combine or link Personal Information we already hold about you to other Personal Information we collect about you.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to store your Personal Information safely and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Examples include: all access to our online server is encrypted in transmission by electronic security technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS); monitoring Sydney Event Services employees to their access to Personal Information; and auditing our third-party service providers and their employees to ensure their access to Personal Information is limited to a need-to-know basis depending on the function or job they perform.
Where you have registered with Sydney Event Services and provided us with your account login credentials, password and details relating to your unique user identity question to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this Personal Information secure. You should select a strong password, avoid a generic user identity question and you should not share this information with any other party.
We retain your Personal Information if we are providing you with products, services, benefits or features you have requested. We may retain your Personal Information after we cease providing you with our products, services, benefits or features for the purposes of complying with legal, taxation, accounting and financial reporting requirements and for monitoring, detecting and preventing fraudulent or illegal activities. We retain data in line with limitation periods and obligations required by applicable laws. If your Personal Information is no longer required, we take reasonable steps to ensure it is not compromised. In such circumstances, we securely destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain the information under applicable laws.
No data transmission or storage system is guaranteed as entirely secure. Irrespective of our reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, we cannot take responsibility or guarantee the security of any Personal Information you send to us, or receive from us. Sydney Event Services is not liable for any misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any Personal Information you transmit to us is at your own risk.
How we disclose Personal Information
- Our related companies, employees, third-party service providers and employees of our third-party service providers;
- Our service providers, suppliers and professional advisors who assist in the conduct of our business, such as development or hosting of our Platform, courier, credit reporting, fraud prevention, identity verification, marketing and promotion, market research, statistics and analytics, customer service, debt recovery, legal, accounting, auditing, business consulting or technology services;
- Referees you have nominated when applying for employment with us;
- A company intending to acquire, invest or merge with us; and/or
- Other parties where you have provided your express consent or direction.
We will disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, government authorities or other third parties, as authorised by applicable laws or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act. For example: in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal obligation; where we have reasonable grounds to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature is being, or may be engaged in; or where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent fraudulent or illegal activities relating to Sydney Event Services’s products, services, benefits or features.
Sydney Event Services does not disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients.
Sydney Event Services uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service, to collect, monitor and analyse information about customers, users and visitors to our Platform. Google Analytics transmits and stores our Platform’s traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics provides us with reports which assist us in understanding our Platform’s usage and traffic. Google Analytics does not personally identify you as the user or correlate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Links to external websites
Sydney Event Services may send you marketing communications, including direct marketing by telephone, email messaging, push notifications on your mobile device, mobile messaging (SMS/MMS), mail or any other forms of contact you supply to us. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications by notifying us using the details in the Contact section below or by clicking the unsubscribe link in marketing communications. You can also manage your marketing preferences or disable marketing options at any time by logging into your Sydney Event Services account. You can further manage your push notification preferences or deactivate them using the settings feature on your mobile device.
Accessing, correcting and updating Personal Information
You can contact Sydney Event Services to access, correct, or update Personal Information we hold about you.
If you request access to Personal Information, we will endeavour to make it available to you within 30 days, unless giving access is unlawful or we are subject to restrictions or we are required to process your request earlier under applicable laws.
It is important your Personal Information is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. Sydney Event Services will take reasonable steps to ensure Personal Information we collect, use, store and disclose is correct, up-to-date and complete.
If you request to correct or update Personal Information, we will correct, update, or, if we consider it more appropriate, note your request for amendment of Personal Information on your record.
You can access, correct or update Personal Information by using the details in the Contact section below or by logging into your account and updating details.
To access, correct or update Personal Information you must verify your identity by providing your full name, address, and answering your unique user identity question.
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your Personal Information, you can contact us using the details in the Contact section below. We will consider your complaint and take all reasonable steps to remedy any issues. We will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Privacy Officer
Sydney Event Services
16 Carrington Road, Marrickville NSW 2204